SBA Paycheck Protection Program
List of Required Documents
Verification of Payroll Information
Support of the payroll costs from one of the following:
- IRS Forms 941 for 3/31/19, 6/30/19, 9/30/19 and 12/31/19 OR
- IRS Form 940 for the year ended 12/31/19 OR
- Payroll Reports:
- Summary report for the 12 months ending 2019 (gross wages prior to Section 125 or Deductions)
- Report detailing each employee and their gross pay for the 12 months ending 2019 (totals should agree with summary report)
- Report detailing vacation, severance pay, group health benefits, retirement benefits, etc… AND
- IRS Forms W-2, W-3 for 2019 (REQUIRED)
Support of the following:
- Supporting documentation for health, dental, and retirement benefits paid for calendar 2019.
- A schedule summarizing each category of these costs.
- Copies of state unemployment tax filings for 2019.
Independent contractors and self-employed individuals must provide support of the payroll costs from the following:
- Schedule C Form 1040
- Form 1099
Payroll Costs To Determine Loan Amount
- Salaries and Benefits (defined)
- Compensation (Salary, Wages, Commission)
- Parental, Vacation, Family, Medical, Sick Leave
- Allowance for dismissal or separation
- Payments required for the provisions of group health care benefits, including insurance premiums
- State and local taxes assessed on compensation
- Payments of retirement benefits
- Less Salaries in excess of $100,000 for individuals or owners
Calculate Your Payroll Costs - click here to download the worksheet.
This is not an official Small Business Administration worksheet.