Online Banking access may be reset by selecting the Forgotten Password/Username link offered through Online Banking. A one-time password will be sent to the phone number attached to the account and your username will be sent to the email address attached to the account. If you continue to experience difficulty with resetting your Online Banking, please contact our Customer Solutions Center. Representatives are available Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM or Friday from 8:30 AM until 6:00 PM.
Online Statements are available to all Personal Online Banking customers by accessing the Online Statements menu. Once the Terms & Conditions have been accepted, bank statements will be available through Online Banking on a monthly basis.
- Adobe Flash Player version 10 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Safari 8
If you are not using one of the supported browsers listed above, you may encounter issues within your online banking experience. We recommend switching to one of the supported browsers listed above in order to ensure you have an optimal online banking experience.
Security is a top priority at Washington Trust and we have taken every precaution to ensure your information is transmitted safely and securely. We use state-of-the-art technology to monitor the integrity and security of our system. The American Bankers Association endorses our online banking service.
We address security at three levels:
- The first concern is the security of customer information as it is sent from the customer's PC to the Web server.
- The second area concerns the security of the environment in which the Online Banking server and customer information database resides.
- Finally, security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized users from attempting to log into the online banking section of the Web site.
E-mail transactions may not be secure. Please do not send personal information, such as account numbers, passwords, or account information via e-mail.
This superior security technology protects your identity from whatever computer you're using, whether at home, at the office, or on the go. It identifies you as the true "owner" of your accounts by recognizing not only your password, but your computer as well. If your computer isn't recognized by us - you've logged in from a public computer or one you haven't used before - we'll prompt you to provide a One Time Passcode as an additional line of defense to prevent unauthorized access. Your identity is protected, and your peace of mind? At ease.
Washington Trust's Enhanced Login Security will:
- Defend against identity theft and fraud.
- Provide added security from any computer, wherever you are.
- Make it easy for you with one-time sign-up and convenient access.
There is no cost for the use of online banking and bill payment.
Yes. Each person needs to complete a separate online application listing the joint accounts they would like to access with online banking.
You can access all active checking, savings, loan, or CD accounts in your name.
You may view account history and transactions 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Washington Trust updates account information on a real time basis. As transactions are received (paid or deposited), information is registered within Online Banking.
If you forgot your Online Banking password, or have been locked out of the system, please complete the following steps to gain access:
- Click on "Forgot Password?" located on the Personal Banking page under Personal Banking Login.
- Enter your User ID which is your login name.
- Verify the One Time Passcode provided via voice or text and click "Continue".
- Enter a new password. Re-enter the new password and click "Continue". Your password is reset. Click on "Login". You may log on to Online Banking with your User ID and new password.
- Contact us at (401) 348-1200 or toll free at (800) 475-2265 to have your password reset.
Obtain verbal confirmation that we have reset your password before you proceed to the next step.
You can access our free FinanceWorks service to review, categorize and track spending through your Online Banking access. Additionally, you may download account information from your online banking account into personal financial software, such as Quicken. You can also download information into a spreadsheet as a comma delimited text. Online banking also helps you manage your money in the following ways:
- Bill Payment: You can pay all of your bills electronically, as long as they are in the United States. For more information, view the "Bill Pay & E-Billing" section of the website or Personal online banking Agreement. NOTE: You should not use this feature to pay taxes or other government bills.
- Transfer Funds: You can transfer funds from your checking and savings accounts to your other online accounts.
- E-mail Notifications: You can have the bank send you e-mail messages to notify you of specific account activity. Example: You can ask to be notified when a specific check clears, or when your account balance rises above or falls below a certain amount.
The "Balance" reflects your current account balance. The "Available Balance" reflects your current balance plus overdraft protection or any holds you may have placed on your account.
The "My Accounts" feature displays deposit account activity as of your most recent two week period. You can view up to 2 years of history from the date your account was established with us. To view your account activity click on the underlined name of your account.
Yes. You are able to view 2 years of online statements. Simply click on the Online Statement button, agree to the online disclosure, and choose an account to view from the drop down menu.
Online banking passwords expire every 120 days. A warning prompt will appear 10 days prior to the password expiring. You can change your password at that time or wait until the password has expired at which time you will be required to change your password. Mobile App and Mobile Webpage users will not be prompted 10 days prior to the password expiring. A password change prompt will be received when it has expired.
When creating a new password, you cannot select a password that matches your current password or the password previously used.