Help Feed Our Neighbors in Need!
For 22 years, Washington Trust has hosted our signature Peanut Butter Drive to help support local hunger relief agencies as they work to combat food insecurity in our communities.
The drive began in the spring of 2001 as a way to help restock the shelves of food pantries after the holiday season with a healthy, family-friendly pantry staple that is loved by people of all ages- peanut butter!
With the support of our employees, customers and community members, Washington Trust has collected the equivalent of more than 156 tons of peanut butter since the drive’s inception. That’s enough to make more than 4.9 million peanut butter sandwiches!
We look forward to your support of our annual peanut butter drive in 2023- check back here for updates!
Supporting Local Hunger Relief Organizations
We’re proud to work with local hunger relief agencies throughout our footprint who are providing food assistance to our neighbors in need. Some of our partners throughout RI and CT are below:
- Coventry Community Food Bank
- Comprehensive Community Action Program
- Good Neighbors Soup Kitchen, Food Pantry and Day Shelter
- East Greenwich Interfaith Food Cupboard
- Jonnycake Center of Peace Dale
- Jonnycake Center of Westerly
- Helping Hands of Block Island
- Federal Hill House- Olneyville Food Center
- New Hope Chapel
- North Kingstown Food Pantry
- Operation Stand Down
- Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center
- Rhode Island Center Assisting Those in Need
- Tri-County Community Action Agency
- WARM Center
- Westbay Community Action
Start a Collection!
To request more information about starting a collection at your school, business or organization to support the Peanut Butter Drive, click Get Started!