Washington Trust Announces Initiatives in Response to COVID-19
March 20, 2020
Bank Modifies Branch Hours, Offers Customer & Borrower Assistance and Makes Donation to the United Way of Rhode Island
Washington Trust today announced several initiatives to ensure the health, safety and well-being of its employees, customers and the community in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. In compliance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) recommendation to invoke “social distancing” and curtail the spread of the virus, the Bank announced that branch lobbies would be temporarily closed until further notice, but drive-up banking would operate during regular business hours. The Bank is aiding borrowers who have been financially impacted and is helping non-profit organizations and community members in need through its donation to the United Way of Rhode Island. A complete list of Washington Trust’s “Here For You” COVID-19 response, which will be updated regularly on the Bank’s website, www.washtrust.com, is as follows:
- Temporary Branch Lobby Closure: Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020, branch lobbies will be temporarily closed until further notice.
- Regular Drive-up Banking Hours: Open during regular business hours. Most locations offer multiple drive-up banking lanes and ATMs. The Bank’s Westminster and East Side branches in Providence, RI, and the branch on Block Island do not have drive-up banking, and will be open, by appointment only, during regular hours.
- In-store Banking Hours: The Bank’s branches at McQuade's Marketplace in Westerly, RI and McQuade's Marketplace in Mystic, CT will be open by appointment only from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Saturday.
- Specialized Banking Services: Customers who require in-branch assistance for specialized needs, such as safe deposit access or signature guarantees, may schedule an appointment with their local branch.
- Alternative Banking Methods: The Bank’s Customer Solutions Center staff can be reached at 1-800-475-2265, Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm and Saturday 8:30 am - 1:00 pm, to provide account information, open new accounts, or offer other financial solutions, Automated Telephone Banking services are available to customer 24/7 at 1-800-226-5877. Digital Banking services, including online and mobile banking services, as well mobile wallet services, which allows customers to use their Washington Trust debit card for in-app or online purchases using Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay, are also available 24/7.
- Borrower Assistance: Washington Trust is offering assistance to consumer, mortgage, small business and commercial borrowers who have been financially impacted. Borrowers may be eligible to receive increases in business lines of credit, need-based payment relief, and assistance through the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans. Residential loan borrowers should email at [email protected]. Commercial borrowers should contact their relationship manager.
- Community Assistance: Washington Trust has made a donation to the United Way of Rhode Island’s (UWRI) COVID-19 Response Fund to assist local nonprofits with direct service programs to community members in need.
- Remote Employee Workforce: Washington Trust has requested that all employees who can work remotely do so until further notice. Employees have access to secure technology and telephone services to assist customers.
- Website Resource Center: Washington Trust is encouraging customers and others to visit the Bank’s website at www.washtrust.com for up-to-date information as the situation continues to change.
ABOUT WASHINGTON TRUST®
Founded in 1800, Washington Trust is the oldest community bank in the nation and one of the Northeast’s premier financial services companies. Washington Trust offers a full range of financial services, including commercial banking, mortgage banking, personal banking and wealth management and trust services through its offices located in Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. The Washington Trust Company is a subsidiary of Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc., (NASDAQ: WASH). Additional information on Washington Trust and its subsidiaries can be found at ir.washtrust.com.