Washington Trust Donates $7,000 in Recognition of Employee Excellence and Volunteerism at Annual Celebration
June 10, 2021
Westerly, RI -- Washington Trust recently recognized seven employees for their exceptional leadership, teamwork, community involvement and volunteerism during the company’s annual Employee Fest. To celebrate these exceptional employees, Washington Trust made donations totaling $7,000 to local nonprofit organizations chosen by the award winners.
“Our employees exemplify what it means to truly be a part of a community every day through their commitment to their colleagues, their service to our customers, and their investment of time, talent and resources in local nonprofits,” said Ned Handy, Chairman & CEO. “We are proud to celebrate this year’s ‘Spirit of Washington Trust’ and ‘Community Service’ award winners, and even more proud to call them members of our team.”
The award winners, and their chosen nonprofit beneficiaries, are:
- Community Service Award: John Kraus, Vice President, Director of Investment Operations, directed a $1,000 donation to the Medfield Foundation located in Medfield, MA.
- Community Service Award: Matthew Raiche, Vice President, Branch Manager, directed a $1,000 donation to Mentor Rhode Island, located in Warwick, RI.
- Community Service Award: Mitchell Tiah, Credit Analyst, directed a $500 donation to the San Miguel School located in Providence, RI, and a $500 donation to Project GOAL located in Central Falls, RI.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Sean Evans, Mortgage Lending Systems Administrator, directed a $1,000 donation to the Jonnycake Center of Peace Dale located in Peace Dale, RI.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Sharon Morgan, Vice President, Regional Manager, directed a $1,000 donation to the Westerly Land Trust located in Westerly, RI.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Susan Swain Brough, Senior Vice President, Banking Operations, directed a $1,000 donation to Wood River Health Services, located in Hope Valley, RI.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Tammy Joslin, Vice President, Marketing Analytics, directed a $1,000 donation to the Domestic Violence Resource Center of South County located in Wakefield, RI.
Washington Trust supports employee volunteerism through the company’s 'Reach for the Stars’ volunteer initiative. The program, a national Points of Light award winner, empowers employees to get involved in their local communities both by encouraging participation in company-sponsored opportunities and recognizing employees’ individual service within their communities as nonprofit board, committee, or advisory council members. Washington Trust supports initiatives and organizations focusing on housing, education, financial literacy, the arts, environmental sustainability, health and wellness programming and more. Employees earn rewards, or ‘stars,’ throughout the year that can then be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards and logo wear items. In 2020, even though in-person events were scarce, employees were still able to dedicate more than 4,300 hours of time to nonprofits in their local communities through virtual events, fundraisers, and other volunteer opportunities.