Washington Trust 2020 Annual Meeting Highlights Company’s COVID-19 Response, Election & Retirement of Board Members
April 29, 2020
WESTERLY, R.I., April 29, 2020 (PR NEWSWIRE)…On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc. (“the Corporation”) (NASDAQ: WASH), the publicly owned holding company of The Washington Trust Company, held its Annual Meeting of Shareholders through remote audio access. Edward O. Handy III, Washington Trust Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, presided over the Meeting and addressed the Corporation’s preparedness and response to COVID-19, stating, “Washington Trust has weathered many storms during our 220+ year history and has always been there to help our employees, customers, communities and shareholders through difficult times. The pandemic has caused unprecedented disruption to our economy, our communities, and our lives. Washington Trust is here to help.”
Shareholders adopted all the resolutions submitted for approval:
- John J. Bowen, Chancellor Emeritus, Johnson & Wales University, and Robert A. DiMuccio, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Amica Mutual Insurance Company, were re-elected to the Corporation’s Board of Directors for three-year terms ending in 2023. Sandra Glaser Parrillo, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Providence Mutual Fire Insurance Company, was elected as a new member of the Corporation’s Board of Directors and will serve for a term ending in 2023.
- Shareholders ratified the selection of Crowe LLP to serve as the independent registered public accounting firm for the Corporation for the current fiscal year ending December 31, 2020.
- A non-binding resolution for compensation of the Corporation’s named executive officers was approved.
Special recognition was paid to directors who retired from the Board effective at the Annual Meeting:
- John F. Treanor, retired after serving for nineteen years on the Corporation’s Board and the Board of The Washington Trust Company. Treanor also served as Washington Trust’s President and Chief Operating Officer from 1999 to 2009.
- H. Douglas Randall III, Chief Executive Officer for Randall Realtors, retired from the Corporation’s Board and the Board of The Washington Trust Company after twenty years of service.
An audio replay of the Corporation’s Annual Meeting is available at ir.washtrust.com.
ABOUT WASHINGTON TRUST BANCORP, INC.
Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc. is the parent of The Washington Trust Company, with $5.6 billion in assets as of March 31, 2020. Founded in 1800, Washington Trustis the oldest community bank in the nation, the largest state-chartered bank headquartered in Rhode Island and one of the Northeast’s premier financial services companies. Washington Trust offers a full range of financial services, including commercial banking, mortgage banking, personal bankingand wealth management and trust servicesthrough its offices located in Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. The Corporation’s common stock trades on NASDAQ under the symbol WASH. Investor information is available on the Corporation’s web site at http://ir.washtrust.com.