Washington Trust Recognizes Employee Service
April 21, 2022
Bank Donates $8,000 to Local Non-Profits in Their Honor
WESTERLY, RI -- Washington Trust recently recognized eight employees for their exceptional leadership, teamwork, and community service during the company’s annual Employee Fest. To celebrate these employees, the Washington Trust Charitable Foundation made donations totaling $8,000 to local nonprofit organizations chosen by the award winners. In 2021, Washington Trust employees volunteered more than 5,900 hours of their time with local nonprofit organizations.
“Our employees are what make Washington Trust such a special place to work, and we’re proud to recognize these individuals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty during the past year,” said Ned Handy, Chairman & CEO. “Their service to our customers, to their fellow employees, and to the communities that we serve is admirable and we are thrilled to celebrate them.”
One of the awards presented was The Spirit of Washington Trust Award. This award is given to employees who have demonstrated excellence through their outstanding customer service, teamwork, performance of work to the highest standards, dedication, and service to others.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Libby Menditto, Assistant Vice President, Mortgage Processing Manager, directed a $1,000 donation to AHM Youth & Family Services, located in Hebron, CT.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Betsy Flanagan, Vice President, Human Resources, directed a $1,000 donation to the Ocean Community YMCA, located in Westerly, RI.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Tony Ferro, Assistant Branch Manager in East Greenwich, directed a $1,000 donation to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, located in Boston, MA.
- Spirit of Washington Trust Award: Tony Sutton, Senior Technology Services Specialist, directed a $1,000 donation to the Thames Valley Council for Community Action, located in Jewett City, CT
The Community Service Award and the Stella Nova Award are presented to employees who have demonstrated a commitment to the communities that we serve through their volunteerism, contributions, and service to others. These employees embody Washington Trust’s core value of Community and serve as a role model to fellow employees.
- Community Service Award: Amy Wagner, Deposit Operations Specialist II, directed a $1,000 donation to Stand Up For Animals, located in Westerly, RI.
- Community Service Award: Rodrigo Da Silva, Assistant Branch Manager in Rumford, directed a $1,000 donation to Jules Hope Chest, located in East Providence, RI
The Stella Nova Awards are reserved for employees who are new to Washington Trust.
- Stella Nova Award: Erica Hanley, Loan Origination Specialist, directed a $1,000 donation to Coventry Little League, located in Coventry, RI.
- Stella Nova Award: Rebecca DaRosa, Flex Banker in Providence, directed a $1,000 donation to the National Adrenal Diseases Foundation, located in Newton, MA.
Washington Trust supports and encourages employee volunteerism through the company’s 'Reach for the Stars’ volunteer program. The program not only encourages participation in company-sponsored and other volunteer opportunities, but also recognizes employees’ involvement and efforts as volunteers, or members of nonprofit boards, advisory councils, or committees.
To explore opportunities to join the team at Washington Trust, visit washtrust.com/careers.
ABOUT WASHINGTON TRUST®
Founded in 1800, Washington Trust is the oldest community bank in the nation and one of the Northeast’s premier financial services companies. Washington Trust offers a full range of financial services, including commercial banking, mortgage banking, personal banking
and wealth management and trust services through its offices located in Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. The Washington Trust Company is a subsidiary of Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc., (NASDAQ: WASH). Additional information on Washington Trust and its subsidiaries can be found at https://www.washtrust.com/.