Marketing evolves to embrace social media
It’s undeniable that the pandemic accelerated the digitization of life. From millennials to baby boomers, willingly or not, people have increasingly turned to online forms of communication to interact with the world. To keep pace, businesses have had to rethink how they connect with their customers. Traditional marketing strategies are continuing to evolve to take advantage of “social media.”
Embracing social media means much more than a shift in advertising venue. It is an evolving way to interact with customers and prospects that demands its own marketing infrastructure and expertise. It requires that businesses “retool” to sustain engaging social media conversations that extend across the customer experience, from initial awareness to purchase and beyond, and it is a strategy that is not without its challenges.
The 5 Biggest Social Media Challenges Brands are Facing in 2022*
|Determining the platform(s) to market their brands||26%|
|Creating engaging content||24%|
|Finding ideas for new content||23%|
|Creating content that generates leads
*Source: 5 Social Media Challenges Brands are Facing in 2022, According to 500+ Marketers, Caroline Forsey, HubSpot
Below are a few suggestions for overcoming these challenges to successfully embrace social media:
- Provide valuable content that is educational and helpful as much as promotional. However, this can be easier said than done, as creating content that resonates takes time and resources.
- Closely monitor your content to track communications that resonate with your target audience and build on what works; evaluate each platform to see which ones are a better fit for your audience.
- Get your audience involved in your marketing campaigns by asking questions or posting polls.
- Keep social listening and community engagement as your strategy’s primary focus and evaluate the data to so you know what’s working.
- Continue to find ways to bring people together and never miss a chance to engage with your audience.
Social media offers significant promise as a way to reach clients in today’s market, but to do it well, your business may need to invest more resources for social media marketing. For those businesses that use it wisely, it can be a highly effective tool for raising brand awareness and cementing deeper, stronger, and more long-lasting relationships with valued customers.
Contact a Trusted Advisor
For more information or to speak with one of our trusted advisors about your unique financial needs, contact us at 800-465-2265 or submit an online form.