Online Banking Security Tips
In the world of online banking, security means protecting your personal privacy and protecting your confidential financial information. At Washington Trust your security is our top priority, so we suggest you follow these tips for online security:
- Choose your password carefully and never reveal it to anyone. It is a best practice to use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters
- Never leave your computer unattended with your account information on the screen. If you have to leave your computer, log off first.
- Always log off after you have completed your online transactions; do not just close your browser.
- Don't reply to any emails that request your personal account information! Should you receive such a request, do not respond or click on any links, and please notify us immediately.
- Review your account statements regularly and report any suspicious activity to us immediately.
- If you are providing any personal information online, be sure that you are using a secure site. (Note the padlock icon at the top of your screen, and the URL will begin with https.)
- Install virus protection on your computer to safeguard against computer viruses.
If you feel that you've become a victim of fraud or identity theft, please report the identity theft to us at 800-475-2265 as soon as possible.
Contact a Trusted Advisor
For more information or to speak with one of our trusted advisors about your unique financial needs, contact us at 800-465-2265 or submit an online form.